Pregnant and want to quit?
Te Hā - Waitaha's programmes for pregnant people are available across Canterbury | Waitaha.
We know that sometimes life gets in the way of a smoke-free future, but we are here to tautoko (support) you through this.
Get in touch if you are facing any barriers to taking that first step! We can offer home visits, free transportation and more if you need it.
Support is also available to whānau of pregant people who want to quit. Te Hā - Waitaha can help any of your whānau who smoke to quit with individual or whānau plans. Staff can even come to your whare!
Join the Pregnancy Incentive Programme
This FREE programme provides incentives to celebrate smokefree milestones:
- All pregnant people who attend an initial session with Te Hā - Waitaha will receive a $50 voucher.
- A voucher when you are 4 weeks smoke free;
- A voucher when you are 12 weeks smoke free;
- A voucher when you are smoke-free until the birth of the your pepī;
- Pēpipods encourage safer sleep, and will be available FREE to all pregnant women through the programme.
Your Quit Coach will provide you with personalised support (either individually or in a group) and access to FREE stop smoking medications - such as patches, gum, lozenges and QuickMist.
Your Quit Coach will also talk to you about:
- remaining smokefree after the birth;
- safer sleep; and
- smokefree homes and cars.
Whānau and friend participation and support is encouraged.
Start your journey with He Mokopuna nā Hinerauāmoa
This is very special opportunity if you are Māori and on your smoke-free journey.
This FREE kaupapa Māori programme is designed to support wāhine Māori to reclaim their hā (breath) and become smoke-free during pregnancy. Come along to one of our small, intimate groups where you’ll be provided a safe space to explore mātauranga Māori (Māori knowledge) while receiving personalised smoke-free support.
This is a FREE 7-week course in a supportive group environment with other wāhine toa who are pregnant and on their own smoke-free journey. You can help choose which topics and activities you’d like to cover as part of the group sessions.
You will get a personalised smoke-free plan including stop smoking medicines and goal setting, and ongoing support through your entire hapūtanga (pregnancy) from a qualified Quit Coach.
He Mokopuna nā Hinerauāmoa also offers:
- vouchers for attending the first three consults with a Quit Coach (up to the value of $110);
- a voucher and gift of your choice (up to the value of $180) when you are 4 weeks smoke free;
- a voucher when you are 12 weeks smoke free (up to the value of $100); and
- a voucher when you are smoke-free until the birth of the your pepī (up to the value of $50).
Any of your whānau who quit can get a $50 voucher when they are 4 weeks smoke-free.
Pop down and see us at our drop in clinic for more information - every Friday from 9 to 11am at the Aranui Community Library (109 Aldershot Street).
Your baby’s first home is YOU
He taonga ā tātou pēpi - Our babies are our greatest treasure.